40 THINGS LIFE HAS TAUGHT ME:
1. Life isn’t always fair but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, take a small step to test it out.
3. Life is too short: make sure you enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t be there for you when you fall ill. Family and friends will.
5. Pay off your credit card debts monthly.
6. You don’t need to win every fight. Just stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone, it beats the hell out of crying alone.
8. Start saving for your pension when you get your first salary.
9. When it comes to chocolate, don’t even try putting up a fight. You’ll never win.
10. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t ruin your future.
11. It’s ok for your kids to see you cry.
12. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about.
13. If you have to keep a relationship secret, you shouldn’t be part of it.
14. Take a deep breath every once in a while to relax your mind.
15. Get rid of anything you don’t use. Unnecessary belongings will only weigh you down.
16. Anything that won’t kill you makes you stronger.
17. It’s never too late to be happy but the choice is yours and nobody else’s.
18. When it comes to pursuing your dreams, don’t take no for an answer.
19. Burn your finest candles, make your bed with the nicest sheets and wear fancy underwear. Don’t save anything for that “special occasion”, because every day is special.
20. Prepare for everything and then follow the stream.
21. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple or yellow.
22. Your most important sexual organ is the brain.
23. Whenever drama sets in, ask yourself: Will this really matter in 5 years time?
24. Always choose life.
25. Forgive everything but forget nothing.
26. What others think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost every wound. Let it do its job.
28. No matter how good or bad things are, they will change.
29. Don’t take yourself too seriously, nobody else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Don’t just study life from afar – make the best of what it is right now.
32. Getting old beats the alternative – dying young.
33. Your children will only be young once.
34. The only thing that matters in the end is to have loved.
35. Make sure to go outdoors daily. Miracles await everywhere.
36. If we threw our problems into a pile and saw what other people are struggling with, we’d be quick to pull our own back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you’ve got and don’t spend time thinking about what you need.
38. No matter how you’re feeling, get dressed up and show up.
40. Life doesn’t come wrapped in a bow but it’s still a gift.